Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My Cross-Stich - Cultures of Middle Earth

As a huge, huge Lord of the Rings fan, I have been doing something rather unique for the past couple of years. Taking some of the main designs of a Middle Earth culture, and creating my own cross-stitch patterns! It's very fun and I love the results at the end, but I must add that the following designs are the COPYWRITE OF NEW LINE CINEMA! I do not create these to make any prophits or the tiniest bit of money! They are for my personal use and pleasure only. That is called plagiarising and I am strongly against that. For these reasons I cannot/will not post any of my original patterns online.
The White Tree of Gondor
I originally came up with this idea when is saw this simple design on www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr. It was a beautiful design; I actually had the choice between these two trees, but I chose the one on the right.















I love the tree on the right - this was the tree that was embroidered on Pippin's Gondorian costume, and I think it is much more elegant than the tree on the left.


So, I made a cross-stitch pattern, went to Spotlight (a New Zealand crafts shop) and began to cross-stitch. Being two years ago, I can't quite remember how long it took me, but it wasn't too long, I don't think...
Here is the final result:


Design is copywrite of New Line Cinema.

This one is cross-stitch with cotton embroidery thread and bordered with silver thread. It is framed at present and hangs on my living room wall!

I will soon be posting Rohan one!!

All photos and designs - except the last photo - are copywrite of New Line Cinema. Sources: www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr and www.arwen-undomiel.com

No comments: